Thursday, July 7

I kick butt on a First Beer

A long time ago I wrote a blog called "Bad Buzz ... Yeah I remember my first beer".  This blog was part of a series talking about how to respond to social media that goes bad. 

What I get a kick out of is that that page is my most popular blog page BY FAR. 

I suspect that people are finding my marketing-focused blog based on searching for information about really having their first beer.  It does make you see the potential for stuffing a page with top hot words to build traffic to your page. 

How do you find hot words?  Have a look at the Google Hot Trends in the left column of this blog and similar stats like Trending Now on Yahoo.ca, or Trending Topics on Twitter.  But stuffing a page with hot words is something Google really frowns on.  So I won't and you shouldn't either. 

Focus on relevant and interesting content, and your audience will follow.  At least, that's the theory I'm working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment