Thursday, November 20

Great Reads

Looking for a good book about Marketing? Head on over to your favorite online book store and buy a copy of:

  • David Ogilvy - Ogilvy on Advertising --> this book is a bit dated, but as soon as you crack the cover it calls out to you "Read me and don't put me down until you're done." It is full of some terrific insights from one of the greatest visionaries in the field.
  • Pretty much anything with Al Ries' name on it, including... - The 11 Immutable Laws of Internet Branding, The 22 Immutable Laws of Branding, The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing --> I found that as soon as I started reading my first Al Ries book I was hooked. It was fun to read through his laws and start to apply those to the work I was doing (man - was I ever off track on some things). It was also fun to start thinking aobut some of the other brands that are close to my heart and seeing where they were winning and losing. Once you apply these laws, it is so obvious "why".
  • Alina Wheeler - Designing Brand Identity: A Complete Guide to Creating, Building, and Maintaining Strong Brands --> Here's a great book that will give you that Popular Mechanics "How To" for creating your brand look and feel. This is a fun read. Every page will give you something to take away, think about, and use!
The 222 Immutable Laws of Branding and the Designing Brand Identities books each provide great input into putting together a Brand Audit.

No comments:

Post a Comment