Tuesday, December 2

Fruitcake Bashing Season has arrived

Where does time go? I can't believe we are back into December again. There is a funny website over at The Great Fruitcake Recycling Project that pokes fun at Fruitcake in a whole new way.

Will this go viral? Who knows. Certainly by blogging about it I'm helping it to go viral. However, I do think they have some work to do to really make it viral. There just doesn't seem to be enough fun stuff to do or experience when you hit their site.

The trick to "viral" is that you can't really force something to be viral. You can plan the stink out of a project with the great wish that it becomes viral. But, really, viral just "happens". It happens because people are so intrigued with an idea or an emotion that they want other people to share in it with them. In any event, attempting to become viral is just one of the tricks of the trade of Web Marketing.


All-in, the Great Fruitcake Recycling Project is worth a look.




Contact Market GoGo for help with your Web Advertising Strategy.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for mentioning my website! I took your words to heart and added some games, ecards and a forum. I hope it rates a little higher on the fun meter now.

    I don't know if it will go viral, either. I just created it as a gag for my clients, family and friends. If someone else gets a chuckle or two from it, I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete